In spite of the rain, OBRA Finals was an exciting week end at Strobel’s Arena . The ground in the indoor arena was great and Strobels sure know how to put on a race!
There was a great turn out for the annual meeting and no one even tried to escape early!
Welcome to your 2013-14 Board of Directors:
President: Kamala Malcolm
Vice Pres: Christy Kruse
Sec/Treas: Tina Bolton
Novice Chairman: Alex Vonlubkin
Web Master: Shawna Leslie
Awards Committee: Lee Ann Olheiser, Brandi Schanno, Hannah Olheiser
Finals Chairman: Tanya Ledbetter
East Side Fundraiser: Brandi Schanno West Side: Kathy Miller
Special Award Winners for 2012-2013
Sportsmanship: Lee Ann Olheiser
Director of the Year: Tina Bolton
Outstanding Service: Tina Bolton
Horse of the Year: “Jewel” Hannah Olhesier
Best Dressed: Madison Malcolm
Fast Time Award: Melissa Roll
Target Time Award: Jessie Ferguson
If you haven’t heard, the awards committee did another FABULOUS job!! The awards were fantastic! The same group of ladies volunteered to do the awards again, so get in your membership and nominations!!
A few highlights that you need to be aware of from the meeting:
1. The classes remained the same: Open, 2500 and 1000 ( a unanimous decision)
2. The nomination fees have DECREASED to $25 per nomination!!!
3. The $2 OBRA fee per run has INCREASED to $3
4. Points will now be awarded down to 10 places! So 10th place will receive 2 points.
5. You now have to option to “buy in” to compete at the finals if you don’t have your 8 races in. You will have to pay a $50 buy in fee, (along with membership and nomination fees if you haven’t already paid them) This pertains to the 4D class only. The deadline will be 2 weeks prior to the finals.
Here’s to another great year! Thank you all who have supported and helped me in these last 2 years. I will continue to be an avid supporter of the OBRA. I believe we are a unique and special organization and we have so many wonderful members. I will look forward to seeing you down the road….. DeeDee